Welcome: The meeting was conducted by president Roman Bloemke. There were a total of 20 photographers in attendance.
New Attendees: Welcome David Wynia, Becky Wynia, Irene Genelin, Ellen Starr, and Summer Hoeft. We hope you enjoyed your visit and will join us again!
Secretary’s Report: Can be found on http://hutchphotographyclub.com/.
Treasurer’s Report: $2266.01 current
- Showcase Advertising – $289.22
- Deposit – $186.20
- Door County Down Payment – $441
- Peter Wong – $300 Lightroom Training
Lightroom Classes: Peter Wong taught Lightroom classes on 1/17.
Spring Break 2015: March 21-22, 20-15, Century College 3300 Century Ave N, White Bear Lake, MN 55110. Complete information for Spring Break is at http://cameracouncil.org/. On line registration is at: http://www.planetreg.com/E12413403491361
Weekend Getaway: Kristine has been working hard on the Door County weekend getaway, which will be October 15 through 18. A group of 9 members and one spouse will be staying at the Sturgeon Bay Vacation Cottage on South Lake Michigan Drive in Sturgeon Bay. Zak L. and family are staying at Westwood Shores in Sturgeon Bay. Julie Winter-Zempel and Mary Mullenburg are tentatively staying at Beach Harbor Resort in Sturgeon Bay. There are a few other members looking for roommates and carpooling options. If you are interested in going, please consider booking in Sturgeon Bay so that we can all be within a 15 minute drive of each other. 🙂
Elections: Elections for President and Activities Coordinator will be held in March. If you would like to run for either position, contact Barb by February’s meeting.
Twin Cities Area Council of Camera Clubs (TCACC is having a competition. For more information go to http://cameracouncil.org/376126/competitions/. Note: the deadline is 2/7/15.
March’s Meeting will be at MN Website Co. on Main Street across from Main Street Bar.
Showcase 2015: The first showcase meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 10, at 6:30 at Vivid Image.
Winterfest: If you are interested in selling winter photography or photos of McLeod County, on February 7th, please contact Janet Meier.
Donation: Karlie put four single person backdrops in our cage in the basement for the club to use. The colors are black, white, and two blues.
Trading Post: If you have photography equipment you would like to sell or swap for something different, bring it to the meeting!
- Chamber Event on January 23 @ 4 p.m. Photobooth– Crow River Winery. Please dress nicely. Steffen, Kristine, and Jill volunteered
- HCA Gala on February 28 @ 5:30 p.m. Zac and Kristine volunteered
- February 7, noon, Hot Air Affair – We will team up and meet other photographers from Minnesota Photography Club to make images at the hot air balloon festival in Hudson, WI. Before the festival, we will meet up with the other photographers at 2pm at Caribou Coffee in Hudson. We will need to meet at the center at noon in order to allow enough driving time.
- March 31, 6 p.m., Off Camera Flash with Dave Johnson – Learn the basics of off-camera flash with Dave Johnson from National Camera Exchange. Dave will have 2 set-ups (Nikon and Canon). We will have models and will be shooting indoors and out in the alley.
- “Best of the Arboretum- Seasons” Photo exhibit January 9th-April 5th Each Saturday in January and February, the Arboretum has free drop-in photo clinics between 12-3. Bring your cameras for questions, images for critiques, or just listen and learn.
This Month’s Winner: Congratulations to Roman for winning this months “cold” entry.
February’s Theme: Monochrome- A photograph executed in black and white or in varying tones of only one color.
January’s Training: “Shooting in manual 101 for Canon and Nikon”. The group broke up into two groups to discuss their cameras and different shooting options.
February: Deb Carson and Peter Wong guest speakers.