Welcome: The meeting was conducted by president Roman Bloemke. There were a total of 20 photographers in attendance.
Visitors: Welcome to Kelli Reiner and Peter Lewendowski
Secretary’s Report: Can be found on https://hutchphotographyclub.com/.
Treasurer’s Report: $3095.81 current
- Hutch Theater Fundraiser – $674.10 credit
- $139.63 1st night Hutch Theater
- $221 2nd night Hutch Theater
- $316.47 3rd night Hutch Theater
- Showcase – $1036.07
- $74.07 Ribbons
- $150 Judges
- $300 Musicians
- $109.36 Food
- $88.85 Judges’ Meal
- $24.57 Office Supplies
- $255.70 Hutch Leader
- $30.00 Standard Printing
- $3.52 Coffee Cups
2014 Showcase Survey Results
- Were you aware of the Hutchinson Photography Club before this event?
- 22 – yes
- 4 – no
- How did you learn about the showcase? (check all that apply)
- 18 – Friend or relative
- 7 – Newspaper
- 6 – Facebook
- 1 – Bingo play
- 1 – Hutch Center of Arts
- Are you interested in becoming a club member?
- 3 – yes
- 1 – maybe
- What did you like most about the showcase? (check all that apply)
- 23 – Variety
- 19 – Art Quality
- 11 – Fun, Social Evening
- 9 – Cultural Opportunity
- 4 – Option to Purchase Art
- Other Comments:
- The different ways of framing or displaying the photos.
- Seeing local talent.
- Background music was perfect.
- Support the community.
- Improvement Ideas for the Showcase:
- Some of the area’s seemed rather dark, but on the whole, very good – only a couple areas.
- Lovely showcase! Thank you!
- Wonderful show!
- Great atmosphere and variety. Thoroughly enjoyed.
- Wonderful event! Gets better and better! Congrats on a great job. Beautiful show. every photo is a winner!
- It was great. Maybe wine and cheese.
- If you have newbies like me, ask a few times and have a person designated as a host to show and tell.
- More categories. Maybe some with technical aspects like bokeh.
Weekend Getaway: There was a breakout session after the meeting for the people interested on the weekend getaway. It was decided the location will be Door County WI. Roman knows some photographers in the area that he will get in contact with to see if they would like to show us around. Date is to be determined.
Elections: Elections for President and Activities Coordinator will be held in March. If you would like to run for either position, contact Barb.
Showcase 2015: Anyone interested in being on the committee for 2015? We are going to start planning earlier this year. Contact Barb.
- Chamber Event on January 23 @ 4 p.m. Steffen, Kristine, and Jill volunteered
- Need one or two more volunteers for the HCA Gala on February 28 @ 5:30 p.m. Zac and Kristine volunteered
Volunteering: To be able to bring in professional trainers, the club needs to continue having fund raisers. As an incentive, the board came up the idea that for every hour a member works in 2015, s/he can attend the same amount of time any club sponsored training outside of the monthly meetings for free. A copy of the policy will be e-mailed to the members before January’s meeting and will be included in the by-laws.
- January 10, 9 a.m. Museum Field Trip – We will be taking a trip to Minneapolis to view some art for inspiration. We will look at photography as well as works from the Baroque period and more. Discussion afterwards over a late lunch/early supper. We hope to make both the Walker and Minneapolis Institute of Art. Open to club members only- carpooling options available. Please sign up by either contacting Kristine or “joining” on Facebook.
- January 17, 9 to 12 a.m., Light Room 101 – Learn how to get up and running with Adobe’s Lightroom software. You can bring a laptop and play along with Peter as he walks us through his editing process step-by-step or watch and take notes before you decide if this is the software for you. If bringing equipment, please make sure you have RAW photos ready to edit. Meet at the Center for the Arts.
- January 17, 1 to 4 p.m., Light Room 201 – Learn more advanced techniques with Peter Wong as he walks us through his editing process using Adobe’s Lightroom software. Bring a laptop to “play along” or simply watch and take notes. This is the more advanced session than the earlier morning session. Meet at the Center for the Arts.
- February 7, noon, Hot Air Affair – We will team up and meet other photographers from Minnesota Photography Club to make images at the hot air balloon festival in Hudson, WI. Before the festival, we will meet up with the other photographers at 2pm at Caribou Coffee in Hudson. We will need to meet at the center at noon in order to allow enough driving time.
- February 7, 10 to 3 p.m., Winterfest – If you are interested in showcasing and selling any winter prints. They have plenty of space in the commercial building. Prints must be related to winter.
- March 31, 6 p.m., Off Camera Flash with Dave Johnson – Learn the basics of off-camera flash with Dave Johnson from National Camera Exchange. Dave will have 2 set-ups (Nikon and Canon). We will have models and will be shooting indoors and out in the alley.
This Month’s Winner: Crystal Ball by Justin Baysinger
January’s Theme: Cold
January’s Training: “Shooting in Manual 101 for Canon and Nikon”.
A delicious potluck and camaraderie followed the meeting.
John Powers says
Enjoyed reading about activities planned. Look forward to attend a monthly meeting, soon. I recently have put together a Sony (Konica/Minolta) DSLR system.