Welcome: The meeting was opened by President Zak . There were a total of 23 members present.
We welcomed Shanda Landes. Deb Schott, Patt Lenz, Jon Otteson, and Nora Medina to tonight’s meeting.
What to do if you are approached about the club doing volunteer work:
- To ensure the club meets expected requirements when providing services to outside requests, all requests for the Photography Club’s services must be directed to the club President. The President will gather the necessary information pertaining to the Statement of Work form and present it to the Executive Board who will then decide whether the club will take on the project. The project will then be assigned one contact person from the club to act as coordinator for the project. The coordinator will work closely with the requester and relay information to other people on the project and the board.
- If the requester asks for specific members to provide the shots, we will suggest the requester to contact the photographer separate from the club as the club is by volunteer only.
- When taking photos for the club, please do not put your logo on the print.
- We would like club members to start directing their questions to the club email address instead of contacting individual board members. The account will be checked once or twice a day and the emails will be directed to the correct board member for a reply.
- [email protected]
Board Member Elections
- It’s the end of the year and time to start thinking about who you would like to represent you on the board. Positions up for elections are:
- Vice President
- Please see the result at the end of the minutes.
Just a reminder when you are representing the photography club, please act professionally.
48 in 48:
- We’re going to form a committee to organize this fundraiser. Please start considering to be on the committee.
- Chamber of Commerce Gala on 1/22/16, from 5 to 10. Barb has volunteered, but we need two or three more.
- Holiday Get Together at Pat Malcolm’s house on 12/29/15. Please check your emails for the specifics.
This Month’s Winner: No monthly theme for November.
Training: Bryan Hansel, a professional photographer from Grand Marais spoke about composition.
December’s Theme: Contrast
December’s Training: Potluck
Were you aware of the Hutchinson Photography Club before this event? Yes 78% No 22%
How would you rate the size of the venue? Too large 0% Too small 8% Just right 92%
Do you believe there should be a spring showcase in addition to the fall showcase? Yes 81% No 9%
Please rate the overall quality of the photos. Loved 15% Really Loved 66% Really, Really Loved 34%
Please rate the quality of the food. Soured the Tastebuds 0% So-so 16% Tickled the Tastebuds! 84%
Please rate the quality of the musician. Sour chord 0% Sweet music to my ears 100%
What would you change about the showcase?
- Were you aware of the Hutchinson Photography Club before this event?
- Have a map showing where categories are.
- A little crowded – good turnout!! Bigger space = more pictures. Quality photos –> loved it! Liked the scrolling video.
- Use a smaller stage for the musician so the displays can be more spread out and the venue won’t seem as cramped when it gets busy.
- I like real photos not edited.
- If the photographers would enjoy it, I’d love a spring showcase.
- Thank you Barb for the invite. I enjoyed it very much!!
- I enjoyed the phone category last year !! (Barb’s notes – 2 years ago)
- Have a junior category to encourage young people.
- Not a thing! Perfect!
- If you had a spring showcase, would you have enough pictures to do two?
- A little tight getting around. Bigger venue.
- Serve ribs.
- Excellent musician.
- Meet the artist.
- Larger space.
- Larger space like the Crow River Winery or Landy’s Lodge.
- Loved the music. Food very good! Nothing! Very nice! Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures with us! What fun!
- Loved the table squares!!
- Fun little show. Fun. Feels like you’re in the big city!!
- Keep weekends.
- Keep weekends.
- Wow, awesome show, location, space and noise level was nice for visiting. Highlight of the year!
- I totally disagree with the best of show choice. I am represented by galleries in this country and others.
- Notify people when they are featured in a photo that is displayed.
- More care with hanging.
- I think it was really good and it seemed to be not as crowded to get around as other years.
- Food was spicier than I normally eat.