Hutchinson Photography Club Minutes
July 21, 2015
Welcome: The meeting was opened by Secretary/Treasurer Barb Rieger. There were a total of 21 photographers in attendance.
Secretary’s Report: Can be found on https://hutchphotographyclub.com/category/meeting-minutes/.
Treasurer’s Report: $ current: $2,738.45
- Spent 208.56 for Clay Coyote
- Received for 48-in-48
Showcase – Barb: Committee – Julie Thompson, Linda Baysinger-Peck, Kristine Leuze, Cindy Teichert, and Karlie Mosher. Thanks to Vivid Image for letting us use their facility.
- Information about the showcase, judging criteria, and presentation can be found at https://hutchphotographyclub.com/annual-showcase/
- Showcase is 11/14/15, 5 to 8:30/9:00 p.m.
- Sign-up by midnight on 10/19/15. Sign-up sheet can be found at https://hutchphotographyclub.com/annual-showcase/
- Judges – Jon Otteson, Amy Maher, and Rikk Flohr
- Musician – Marc Valliancourt
- Zella’s provide finger food
- General Entry Rules
- Pictures must be taken between November 2014 and November 2105.
- Pictures must be 100% your own without technical professional and/or member assistance or instruction (posing by others, lighting by others, post-processing by others).
- All photos must be securely framed and wired ready to be directly hung on the rack. Wire and eye-bolts can be found in Menards, WalMart, or hardware stores. There will be no easels this year.
- We figure 120 prints would fit comfortably for the showcase. Limit five prints per member.
- Bio Booklets
- Updated bios must be sent to HutchPhotoClub@gmail.com by midnight on 9/15.
- Updated headshot photos will be taken on 9/15, at the club meeting.
- Photo you would like to be printed with the bio must be sent to HutchPhotoClub@gmail.com by midnight on 9/15.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This year the showcase is going to work towards being more professional for entries and help ease the burden on the committee who has a lot of behind the scenes work to put on the showcase. If we were to enter prints for the fair or any other showcase/salon, the deadlines are the deadlines with no exceptions. We ask for your cooperation with this.
Hutchinson home football game photo opportunity:
- The parents of the Hutchinson football team has asked the photography club if we would be interested in taking photos of the home games and play-off games. They will pay for the travel for the play-off game. They are willing to donate money to the club.
- Discussed at the meeting that if a parent would like a copy of the photo, they could contact the photographer to work out the cost.
- This item was tabled for further discussion with a STRONG MAYBE.
- $64.15/person staying in house is due today.
- Blossom Images is getting rid of many of her backdrops. Contact Stephanie from Blossom Images if you are interested in buying any of them. There is an ad on Craigslist or you can contact her.
- Clay Coyote on July 25th and 26th – we have enough people working for the weekend.
- Hutch Theater Dinner the weekend of November 5th, 6th, and 7th
- “48 in 48” Digital Photography Contest Fundraiser, July 31 through August 2, 5 p.m. August meeting – Discuss the 48 in 48 results. If anyone would like to help judge entries, please contact Kristine.
- Photos in the Park, September 12, 9 to 3. As a member of the Twin Cities Area Council of Camera Clubs, we have been invited to an event. The Fort Snelling State Park Camera Club (FSSPCC) invites all TCACCC club members to attend “Photos in the Park” on September 12, 2015 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. FSSPCC will host photography-related seminars and nature events at Fort Snelling State Park. This event is sponsored by the TCACCC and presentations will include both well known photographers, park rangers and talented FSSPCC members. Entrance fee for the day will be paid by the TCACCC. Watch for more details in the coming months.
- Door County Trip, weekend of October 15. Photography club members will be photographing the fall colors in Door County, Wisconsin. Many members have lodging figured out already but if you are interested in going and would like to ask about lodging, ride-sharing, etc. this is the place! We can also discuss points of interest on here and other things related to the trip such as a schedule, meetup locations, etc.
- Save the date for October 3rd. The Center for the Arts is having a big event and wants all of its partner organizations to participate.
This Month’s Winner: Congratulations to Kristine Leuze for winning this months “Color” entry.
Training: Hutch Gardening Club will allow us to photograph some of their member’s gardens.
August’s Theme: Line
August’s Training: View 48-in-48 photos.