Welcome: The meeting was opened by President Zak . There were a total of 17 members present.
|Training Bryan Hansel||350.00||4327.25|
|Showcase Table Tents||30.00||4282.61|
|2016 Family Due||40.00||4322,61|
|Hutch Center Fundraiser||9.61||4058.56|
Holiday Open House
- December 29
- 6 to 10 p.m.
- Pat Malcom’s home on Lake Marion (check email for address)
- Please bring an appetizer to share.
- Wine, beer and non-alcoholic beverage provided.
2016 Monthly Topics
- January – Camera*
- February – Light
- March – Green
- April – Person
- May – Seeds
- June – Transport
- July – Critter
- August – Clouds
- September – Flower
- October – TreeNovember – Food
- December – Magic
Board Member Elections
It’s the end of the year and time to start thinking about who you would like to represent you on the board. If you would like to nominate someone for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Positions up for elections are:
- Vice President
- We’re going to form two committees to help organize the the Clay Coyote and 48-in-48 fundraiser. Please consider volunteering to be on one of these committees.
|Chamber of Commerce Gala||1/22/16 @ 5 p.m.||Barb, Kristine, and one more would be welcomed.|
|Hutch Center of Arts Gala||3/5/16 @ 5 p.m.||Janet and Julie|
|Clay Coyote||July 23rd and 24th|
|48-in-48||August 5th and 6th|
Kelby One Training
- Please contact Kristine if you would like to purchase a group membership with Kelby One.
Monthly Workshops and Volunteer
Kristine handed out each member’s volunteer hours they have available to “spend” at the monthly workshops. The list of workshops can be found under the Event tab on the photo club’s website.
At the February meeting we are going to try to shadow photography on models. We are looking for items to drape/put over the lights to cast and decorative shadow on the models. Please think about what would work and bring it to February’s meeting.
Voting on Annual Trip
- Fall is the popular time of year to go
- Itasca State Park, Badlands, Gunflint Trail, Hollow Rock, and Stillwater
This Month’s Winner: Congratulations to Zak Lakovic for winning this month’s Contrast with his Fusion photo.
Training: Annual potluck and comradery.
January’s Theme: Camera
January’s Training: Mark Hirsch will discuss his book That Tree.
Additional Discussion after Meeting on What Members Expect from the Club
- To learn how to get to a higher level in photography.
- The size of the club doesn’t matter to most people.
- We should have a short five to ten minute general blurb on how to use your camera, equipment or software. Example – how to get rid of acne using Photoshop. Janet will do the first presentation.
- The board is in the process of creating a FAQs page to add on the website.