Hutchinson Photography Club Minutes
September 15, 2015
Welcome: The meeting was opened by President Roman Bloemke. There were a total of 21 members present.
Secretary’s Report: Can be found on https://hutchphotographyclub.com/category/meeting-minutes/.
- Current Balance: $4929.44
- Credits since last meeting: $422.45 Remainder of Door County payments and two members.
- Debits since last meeting: $641.45 – Door County
Ideas on how to spend money for training, trips etc. – Please give any suggestions of what you would like to learn and do in the up coming year to Kristine.
- Visit https://hutchphotographyclub.com/annual-showcase/ for information about the showcase.
- Bio Booklets were due 9/16/15 tonight.
- Print sign-up due 10/20/15 at midnight.
- Glencoe Regional Health Services’ would like volunteers to take pictures of the “Senior Citizen Prom” on 9/26/15. Janet and Jill volunteered.
- Hutchinson Ambassadors are asking for photographers to take pictures of the “Open Streets” event on 9/26/15. Multiple volunteers.
- Hutch Theater Dinner the weekend of November 5th, 6th, and 7th. Kristine will send the schedule to all volunteers as the time gets closer.
- Ambassadors have asked if we can take photos again at the Taste of the Holidays this November 19th. Setup at 5:30. Kristine, Zak and Kim are volunteering
- Save the date for October 3rd. The Center for the Arts is having a big event and wants all of its partner organizations to participate.
- Door County Trip, weekend of October 15. Photography club members will be photographing the fall colors in Door County, Wisconsin. Many members have lodging figured out already but if you are interested in going and would like to ask about lodging, ride-sharing, etc. contact Kristine.
- Showcase is 11/14/15.
September’s meeting was Roman’s last meeting as president and Justin’s last meeting as vice-president. Roman held the president position for approximately five years and Justin held the vice-president position for approximately two years. The board would like to thank both men for their time, knowledge and ideas to improve and promote the club.
In the interim, Zak will serve as president and David will serve as vice-president until their position is up for election.
This Month’s Winner: Congratulations to Pat Malcom for winning this month’s “Up Close” entry, Coneflower.
Training: Off Camera Flash II with Dave Johnson
October’s Theme: Golden
October’s Training: Brian Peterson from the Star Tribune will be attending our meeting to promote his State of Wonders book. We will be placing an announcement in the paper and open his visit up to the public.