Welcome: The meeting was president Roman Bloemke. There were a total of 18 photographers in attendance.
Secretary’s Report: Can be found on https://hutchphotographyclub.com/.
Treasurer’s Report: $3179.01 current
- Reminder to the ten people staying in the house – Need the remaining money $64.15 by the August meeting so Barb can make the final payment.
- Clay Coyote on July 25th and 26th
- Hutch Theater Dinner the weekend of November 5th, 6th, and 7th
- May meeting – The animal shelter will bring some animals for us to photograph.
- Color Run, July 12 at 8:30 a.m. Photograph runners at this unique 5K that incorporates dry paint thrown at runners who participate. Please use common sense when photographing this event and take heed in the paint being tossed around 🙂 Attend at your own risk! A camera with a zoom lens is recommended.
- July meeting – Hutch Gardening Club will allow us to photograph some of their member’s gardens.
- “48 in 48” Digital Photography Contest Fundraiser, July 31 through August 2, 5 p.m. Save the date! The first weekend in August we will be launching a contest that will prove to be challenging, fun and rewarding! At 5pm on July 31st, a list of 48 photo themes will be released. Teams will have 48 hours to photograph these themes and upload them for judging. You can work solo or have up to 4 members per team. This is open to everybody but images must be photographed within a 200 mile radius Hutchinson.
Prizes include $100 cash, an 18×24 custom canvas from Paint Addict Studios and more!
The cost is $25 per team. This is a fundraiser for the Hutchinson Photography Club. More details are coming soon, but please save the date for July 31st-August 2nd and start thinking about a team!
If you would like to be a judge, let Kristine know.
- August meeting – Discuss the 48 in 48 results.
- Photos in the Park, September 12, 9 to 3. As a member of the Twin Cities Area Council of Camera Clubs, we have been invited to an event. The Fort Snelling State Park Camera Club (FSSPCC) invites all TCACCC club members to attend “Photos in the Park” on September 12, 2015 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. FSSPCC will host photography-related seminars and nature events at Fort Snelling State Park. This event is sponsored by the TCACCC and presentations will include both well known photographers, park rangers and talented FSSPCC members. Entrance fee for the day will be paid by the TCACCC. Watch for more details in the coming months.
- Door County Trip, weekend of October 15. Photography club members will be photographing the fall colors in Door County, Wisconsin. Many members have lodging figured out already but if you are interested in going and would like to ask about lodging, ride-sharing, etc. this is the place! We can also discuss points of interest on here and other things related to the trip such as a schedule, meetup locations, etc.
This Month’s Winner: Congratulations to Kim for winning this months “texture” entry.
Training: Zac taught the group how to make beautiful black and white photographs using Lightroom.
May’s Theme: Silhouette
May’s Training: Dave Batchelor – Wildlife photography- How to get the shot.